Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Book Review - A SEAL's Seduction

A SEAL's Seduction (Uniformly Hot SEALs #1)A SEAL's Seduction by Tawny Weber
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I have to say, this was pretty much in line with my expectations of Harlequin. And they're set pretty low. I don't know much about the Navy SEALs, but it appears neither does the author. And she didn't bother to do much in the way of research, either, in order to write a book about NAVY SEALS! Part of what makes a story good, to me, is believe-ability. This totally lacked that. From the generic lingo (sorry, but throwing in a few mentions of BUDs does NOT an authentic SEAL-grounded story make) and ridiculous plot, to the conversations between the characters, and the cringe-inducing flowery language in the sex scenes, it made my head hurt. Made me roll my eyes countless times.
So while some might have enjoyed this quick, light read, I won't be delving into any more of these books. Thanks, but no thanks, Harlequin. I'll take frenzied, messy, REALISTIC sex any day.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment