Friday, June 14, 2013

Slow and Steady...


When asked what my strategy is to writing, I'm often at a loss for words. Ironic, I know. You see, I don't really have one. Often I pledge to write a little each day, even if it's only a paragraph. Some days, I deliver on that promise. Others, not so much. Life has a habit of getting in the way of my writing, but I'm okay with that. Because it's in those missed writing opportunities that I embrace the wonderful chaos that is my life. This is the source of my joy:


My little ball of energy is Abigail, and she'll be two in August. She and my husband are pretty much the only two people who are allowed to pull me from my writing (without a scowl, growl or nasty expletive). Alas, they do often, but what is a writer to do? There are times when I wish I could simply park myself in front of my laptop and let the world slide away, but then I'd miss this precious little face.

So, I guess to answer that question, finally, my strategy is: slow and steady. A little each day when I can, or as much as possible whenever I'm able and the mood strikes. I don't have the luxury of time and unbroken solitude that others might, but that's okay with me. Never do I doubt that I will finish my first novel. And in the end, my persistence will win. I am sure of it. Slowly but surely I'm working, chiseling away the stone to fashion something from nothing but an interesting idea. I'm excited as hell to see the finished product. And I promise you, it WILL happen.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment